M is for MANX CAT! An Isle of Man ABC, by Gemma Hjerth and Kim Gee, is an informative, interactive and wonderfully illustrated celebration of Our Island.
It will appeal to young children, early readers and Isle of Man enthusiasts from near and far away.
You can even listen to the Manx translations in the book at www.isleofmanabc.com
Each letter of the alphabet is represented by a colourful, digital illustration of an Isle of Man icon, a rhyming couplet and a Manx translation and pronunciation.
The book also features:
• A full page of Manx Gaelic translations and pronunciations, provided by Culture Vannin (with sound files of these to listen to at www.isleofmanabc.com)
• Four Manx Songs (the Manx National Anthem, The Laxey Wheel Song, Ramsey Town and Hunt the Wren)
• Two pages of interesting facts about the Isle of Man
• A little wren to hunt for
• Lots of Three Legs of Man to count!
MostlyManx was founded in 2007 by Dian Skelton who wanted to raise the profile of the many talented Manx artisans. The shop is now part of Presence of Mann Ltd which also has The Manx Tartan Shop at Laxey Woollen Mills.
MostlyManx is dedicated to the promotion of Isle of Man artisans, through the use of our retail locations, internet presence and public events. At the MostlyManx shop in Douglas, Isle of Man, customers can enjoy a refreshing return to ‘traditional’ shopping, with the emphasis on quality, locally crafted items – and a warm, personal service. Gorgeous gift-wrapping and a relaxed atmosphere created by the luxury shop fittings all add up to a pleasurable shopping experience.
Our speciality is Manx Hampers which can be bespoke or from our suggestions. You can see some of our examples at https://www.presenceofmann.com/hampers/
We will be adding and changing products here regularly so keep popping back.